Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Job Title: Sponsor Site Specialist
Reports to: International Department Program Manager
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia based organization with a vision for "A world where all children and families live in communities of life and love." Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, combined with the continued effort of our international partners and Chalice sponsored families, we work in more than 1500 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, for families to become empowered, and for communities to become more caring and connected.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Who we are looking for:
Chalice (Canada) is looking for a dedicated, detail-focused, and team-oriented individuals to fill two upcoming vacancies in the full-time position as Sponsor Site Specialist within the International Department. The ideal candidates will be committed to Chalice’s mission, vision, and values, and will be primarily responsible for the facilitation of the sponsorship process for beneficiaries, from the beginning of the sponsorship relationship with our Chalice sites through to retirement from the sponsorship program. These positions will be working with Chalice’s partners in Africa, Asia, and Ukraine. The Sponsor Site Specialist works as a part of the Site Specialist team to process correspondence and ensure quality of recorded information for sponsored children, as well as provide information regarding sponsored children, the sponsorship program, and Chalice’s international work to the Donor Relation Specialist team. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable working in and contributing to the faith-filled work environment at Chalice, have strong English language competency, as well as hold values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice. Swahili or Ukrainian language competency would be considered an asset for the available positions.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Process and maintain beneficiary information for designated sponsor sites (including digital profiles and sponsorship booklets).
- Assign new sponsorship beneficiary codes to sponsor site directors as requested in accordance with approved growth plans for sites.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of beneficiary and sponsor site information in preparation for printing of child/elder sponsorship profiles and other materials .
- Ensure quality and accuracy of beneficiary and Sponsor Site information and other materials used by Chalice Staff.
- Monitor New Beneficiary Package tracker and other beneficiary management reports.
- Work with Site Specialist Team Lead and other Site Specialists to ensure all beneficiaries are sponsored in a timely manner, and that all regions are represented in Chalice sponsorship campaigns.
- Manage sponsor questions and concerns presented by the Donor Relations Specialist team by communicating with Sponsor Sites and provide timely responses.
- Collaborate with International Operations Managers (IOMs) in providing feedback and coaching to develop capacity within Sponsor Sites.
- Review, collate, and analyze data from Sponsor Site Quarterly Operations Reports (QORs) within the Learning and Evaluation Framework (LEF) and produce reports for Chalice Canada.
- Prepare and communicate Quarterly Sponsorship Feedback to sites on sponsorship administration performance.
- Process regular mailouts to sponsors by preparing documents as well as printing, stuffing, and applying postage to envelopes.
- Handle international shipping and receiving, including preparation of waybills, completing declarations and customs forms, as well as logging incoming packages from Sponsor Sites.
- Attend meetings with the Sponsor Site Specialists and International Department, as well as daily prayer meetings.
- Assist in preparing materials and providing content for International Department presentations.
- Collaborate across different departments within Chalice for development, problem solving initiatives, and reporting.
- Other duties and cross-training on tasks as delegated to assure proper functioning and success of the International Department.
- Post-Secondary education in International Development Studies or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competence.
- Experience and knowledge about issues related to poverty and inequality in the developing world, in particular the regions in Africa and Asia where our partners are located.
- Experience in program evaluation and data management.
- Outstanding spoken and written English is mandatory.
- Additional language competency in Swahili would be considered a highly desirable asset for the position working with partners in the Africa region.
- Additional language competency in Ukrainian would be considered a highly desirable asset for the position working with partners in Ukraine.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with training, coaching, and providing constructive feedback.
- Strong IT skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of customer or donor information databases such as IMIS or SalesForce would be considered an asset for this position.
- Knowledge, familiarity, and involvement with the Catholic Church and Faith would be considered an asset.
- Hours worked: minimum 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in an office environment.
- Works in a faith-based, prayer filled environment including attendance at daily prayer meetings at 830AM.
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits to full time staff including paid vacation, shortened summer work weeks, health and travel insurances, and a retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to HR@chalice.ca, identifying your salary expectations and availability, by November 20, 2023. Please include “Sponsor Site Specialist 2023” in the subject line. Please note we will be contacting applicants while the position is open, so please apply as soon as possible if interested. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.