Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Job Title: Micro-Chalice Coordinator
Reports to: Chalice President
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia based organization with a vision for "A world where all children and families live in communities of life and love." Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, combined with the continued effort of our international partners and Chalice sponsored families, we work in more than 1500 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, for families to become empowered, and for communities to become more caring and connected.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Who we are looking for:
Chalice (Canada) is looking for a dedicated, mission-focused, and experienced individual to establish and grow the Micro-Chalice Program. This program will be at the Catholic parish-level, and focused on helping those in need within the community to address financial literacy with a micro-savings & loan opportunity and share community meals in a faith filled environment. The Coordinator will liaise with parishes, Archdioceses, Credit Unions, volunteers and other stakeholders to build the foundation of the program, and will be expected to perform all duties needed to ensure an excellent delivery of the program including, budgeting, scheduling, coordinating of volunteers, goods and services, quarterly reporting, and all other related duties.
We are looking for someone who is connected to the mission of Chalice and committed to engaging with Catholic Parishes to build lasting relationships and dedicated to helping those in need. The successful candidate should be interested in working within the Catholic community, comfortable and familiar with the Catholic Church structure and Mass, have post-secondary education related to business (or demonstrable related experience), and possess strong communication and excellent organizational skills.
This role is a contract through December 2024, and is based out of both the Chalice office in Bedford and the parishes where the program delivery will be established.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop written protocols for all aspects of the Parish Program.
- Draft quarterly reports on the Program for Chalice Senior Management and other stakeholders including the Archdiocese of Halifax and local Credit Union.
- Develop budgets for all aspects of the program.
- Direct all purchases per the approved Program budget.
- Develop in person and virtual presentations, including other presenters.
- Develop local promotion and donor invitations in support of the Program.
- Schedule and coordinate all Parish Program activities, including meals, presentations and prayer.
- Recruit and train all volunteers in the Parish Program.
- Liaise with parish-level coordinator and staff and other local charities.
- Support the faith environment of Chalice by leading and coordinating prayer, the on-site ALPHA and other programs, preparing and facilitating morning prayer. and supporting other faith directed Chalice activities.
- Attend departmental, team, and organizational meetings as needed
- Perform other assigned duties supporting the Program
- Enjoys working or volunteering in a Catholic, faith and prayer filled environment
- Familiarity and practice in Catholic worship, especially in the Mass.
- Completed post-secondary degree in commerce, project management, community development or related field, or clear demonstrated experience.
- Express empathy and concern while keeping a professional demeanor with program participants.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, time and task management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in program development and management.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Planner, Teams, and SharePoint in the Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Experience working with or volunteering with international development, charitable, nongovernment (NGO), not for profit, community development and or business development organizations are an asset.
- Ability to learn quickly in a self-directed work environment.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to work professionally and respectfully in a team setting.
- Experience with multicultural and diverse working environments.
- Reflect in manner Chalice’s values
- Hours worked: minimum of 25 hours per week.
- Office Setting in Bedford Nova Scotia, Travel to Parish Locations.
- Working in a Catholic faith-based, prayer filled environment with daily prayer meetings at 8:30 AM.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to HR@chalice.ca identifying your salary expectations and availability. Please include “MicroChalice 2023” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Submissions for this posting are being accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis.