International Department Administrator
- Category: Employment
Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Reports to: Senior International Manager
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic organization with a vision for "A world where all children and families live in communities of life and love". Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, combined with the continued effort of our international partners and Chalice sponsored families, we work in more than 250 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, for families to become empowered, and for communities to become more caring and connected.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Who we are looking for:
Chalice (Canada) is looking for an experienced, dedicated, detail-focused, and team-oriented individual to work as International Department Administrator (IDA) for a 1-year term. The ideal candidate will be committed to Chalice's mission, vision, and values, and will be primarily responsible for the overall administration of the International Department. The IDA assists the Senior International Manager to ensure the successful execution of the strategic and work plans of the International Department, and the achievement of its stated goals and outcomes. The IDA works with the entire International Team and aims to assure the administrative acccountability and effectiveness of Chalice work within the International Department. The successful candidate for this position will have proven administrative experience, strong computer skills, advanced knowledge of Excel, and be familiar with project management. The ideal candidate will have experience working with international aid, religious, or charitable organizations, and be an excellent communicator. They will also be comfortable working in and contributing to the faith-filled work environment at Chalice, as well as hold values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist the Senior International Manager (SIM) and International Operations Managers (IOMs) with the management and administration of sponsor site communications
- Continue with the development of International Department (ID) administrative standards, protocols, processes, and tools, including developing and updating International Manuals and supporting documents
- Complete the sponsor run monthly using Excel and other computer-based tools, resulting in the production and distribution of critical monthly reports
- Calculate available funds for other programming and notify sites when funds are sent
- Coordinate with International Department staff in responding to queries relating to fund notifications
- Serve as point of contact for the International Department for requests for information on internal and field operations of the team, as well as for any office equipment or supply needs
- Act as social media liaison between the sites and Chalice's Invitation Department
- Maintain digital archives for Annual Plans and Operational Reviews, Quarterly Operations Reports, ID Folders, and Documents at the sponsor site and Chalice (Canada) level, including filing, maintenance, and accessibility of reports and info for the ID and Chalice
- Prepare meeting notes, documents, and complete preparations with International Department team for quarterly risk assessment meetings
- Oversee the ID Program Administration budget, International Department Calendars, review expense claims and invoices for Senior Manager approval
- Assist with International Department travel bookings
- Attend, record minutes, and send summary information for ID meetings
- Communicate with Chalice sponsor sites to ensure site information is up to date, and that sites are aware of necessary information to implement and adhere to Chalice policies and requirements
- Receive and manage cold requests for aid in an internal database
- Manage the preparation, maintenance, and filing of legal agreements and supporting documents with overseas partners
- Work collaboratively across different departments within Chalice for development, problem solving initiatives, and reporting
- Attend and participate in Chalice daily prayer meetings
- Other duties and cross-training on tasks as delegated to assure proper functioning and success of the International Department.
- Degree in international development, business administration, or related program of post-secondary education in International Development Studies or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Three years' work experience in administration, logistics, or operations management with strong organizational and IT skills
- Experience working with international aid, religious, charitable, or non-government (NGO), not-for-profit, community development and/or business development organizations
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Strong computer skills in Office 365 required, with proven experience at an advanced level in Excel
- Initiator; can work independently and is self-motivated
- Familiar with Project Management and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Experience with multicultural and diverse working environments
- Comfortable in a centralized admin system with multiple managers
- Experience in computer programming and analysis an asset
- Second language skills an asset (French, Spanish, Kiswahili, Ukrainian (eastern European) or Asian Dialect
- Knowledge, familiarity, and involvement with the Catholic Church and faith would be considered an asset.
Hours worked: minimum 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in an office environment.
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including paid vacation, shortened summer work weeks, and health and travel insurances.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to HR@chalice.ca, identifying your salary expectations and availability, by May 16, 2022. Please include "International Department Administrator (TERM)" in the subject line. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.